How do I merge 2 animals that I have accidently entered twice?
On the odd occasion, an animal may have been added into Stockbook twice. Stockbook allows you to merge these entries.
Animals can be merged as follows:
1. Identify the duplicated animal entries.
2. Merge the two animal listings.
3. Life data will not automatically transfer across it must be done manually.
This can either be done through a master CSV file recommended for a large number of duplicates(See notes below for multiple animal changes see step 5).
Or for individual or a small number of changes see notes 3.1 directly below.
4. Delete incorrect animal entry.
5 Why won't Sire/ Dam information merge across?
1. Export the sires and dam information first via Master CSV file
2. Merge the two animals in Stockbook and delete the duplicate animal
3. Then Reimport the CSV file in order to import and attach sire/ dam information to the animal.
NOTE: Stockbook brings all the data across from one record to the next. However, it doesn't bring up the data on the animal record on the Animals Screen. So the last weight and ADG need to be recalculated by going Utilities > Maintenance > Calculate ADGS.