BEFORE STARTING: We suggest that your employees complete an ATO Superannuation (super) Standard Choice Form. (Employees may need to contact their super fund to obtain the correct information.) This form collects all the information that employers will need when using SuperStream.
To Add a superannuation fund to Payroll you will need the following information from your employees:
To add a Regulated (APRA) superannuation fund you will need:
To add a Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF), they need to give you slightly different information:
To add a regulated or self-managed super fund (SMSF):
Step 2: Super Fund Lookup
Three Search By options:
(1) USI - Unique Superannuation Identifier is used by large superannuation funds for electronic communitcation about contributions and rollovers. It used in SuperStream to identify a Regulated (APRA) funds and/or its superannuation product which an employee (member) is contributing to.
Note: A super fund may have one USI, or it may have a USI for each product.
Note: SMSF funds are not issued a USI number, instead they use their ABN number as an identifier.
(2) ABN - Australian Business Number is an 11 digit, unique number issued to a business and is used to identify that business.
Note: A superfund has one ABN.
(3) Name - name of fund or superannuation fund product. (Note: Super fund name might be listed under a slightly different name than you are used to.)
(1) Search By USI (Regulated only)
(2) Search By ABN (Regulated & SMSF)
For a regulated fund:
Note: A regulated (APRA) fund may have multiple superannuation products with the ABN. Each product will have its own unique USI and name . If the fund has more than one product, you need to know the USI (most accurate) or the correct Product Name to match the correct superannuation product.
For a SMSF:
(3) Search By Name