PS Cashbook

How do I clear outstanding transactions from previous years


How do I clear outstanding cheques or deposits that have been brought forward from a previous year that will not be paid / deposited

Detailed Description

Any transaction included in a previous BAS cannot be deleted. It must be cancelled out. To do this you will need to enter a reversing transaction. 

Step 1.

In the Reconcile screen find the brought forward transaction.

Step 2.

Click Add at the bottom of the screen to make a reversing transaction.

Step 3.

If the brought forward transaction is a receipt the reversing transaction needs to be entered with the same dissections details (same account code) but with a negative for the Gross amount. 

Step 4.

When reconciling tick both of the transactions. This will remove them from your reconcile screen while not changing your bank balance as they cancel each other out.

Was this helpful?

Not helpful ( ) Very helpful